BE PART OF EVERYTHING NEW@Graham!
Our NEW@Graham initiative supports the creation of new works for the Graham dancers by some of the top artists working in dance and theater today. Your support comes with special access to the artists and the creative process, as a brand new dance takes shape and finds its unique voice.
GIVE NOW AND SEE THE COMPANY AT CENTRAL PARK SUMMERSTAGE!
AVOID THE LINES! RESERVED VIP SEATING!
JULY 23, 8PM
JULY 24, 8PM
|Support NEW@Graham, and we’ll thank you with VIP reserved seating at the Company’s upcoming performances at SummerStage.
Your total donation is tax deductible!
Receive one VIP ticket to Lawn Chair Seating in the prime area close to the stage
Receive a pair of VIP tickets to Lawn Chair Seating in the prime area close to the stage
Receive a pair of exclusive VIP tickets to Deck Seating with complimentary bar service
CAN’T JOIN US AT SUMMERSTAGE?
SELECT A GIFT FROM YEAR-ROUND NEW@Graham SPECIAL EVENTS
Contributions of any size are welcome and tax deductible!
- $50-$99: Receive a coupon to visit our Company class on a date convenient to you. Observe the day-to-day process of these world-class dancers!
- $100-$249: You and a guest are invited to a performance of our NEW@Graham series at the Graham Studio Theater. There will be several dates for you to choose from. Be among the first to see the new works as they emerge from the rehearsal process! Includes a glass of wine with the dancers.
- $250-$499: You and 3 guests are invited to reserved seating at a performance of our NEW@Graham series at the Graham Studio Theater. There will be several dates for you to choose from. Be among the first to see the new works as they emerge from the rehearsal process! Includes a glass of wine with the dancers.
- $500-$999: You and a guest are invited to the entire NEW@Graham series at the Graham Studio Theater. These three presentations will occur at dates throughout the year, generally in conjunction with the visits of our guest artists. Includes that glass of wine with the dancers.
- $1000-$2499: You and 5 guests are invited to an actual working rehearsal of one of our new works at the Graham Studio Theater. Watch the creative process of one of our renowned guest choreographers as they work with our dancers to realize their newest ideas! Enjoy a post rehearsal glass of wine with the artistic director.
- $5000 and above: The company invites you to dinner and conversation with one of our guest artists, cast members and the artistic director. And we’ll be holding a pair of reserved seats for you at every event in the NEW@Graham series at Westbeth.
Interested in being a catalyst for this creative work? Join us as a commissioner at the $15,000 to $50,000 level. Credit for your commissioning support will be celebrated in print every time we perform the work.
MORE ABOUT NACHO DUATO AND ANDONIS FONIDAKIS
PREMIERES FOR THE 13/14 GRAHAM SEASON
NEW NACHO DUATO PROJECT
We’re pleased to announce that Nacho Duato will be returning to our studios February 17, 2014, to create a new work for six to eight dancers. As details of the project emerge — from the casting and choreography to costume and lighting design — they will be shared with NEW@Graham supporters. You can be part of this process from the beginning stages.
Nacho Duato is one of the most renown contemporary ballet choreographers of his time. He was the Artistic Director of Compañía Nacional de Danza in Madrid Spain from 1990- 2010, transforming the company into one of the most successful touring ensembles in the world. Mr. Duato became the Artistic Director of Mikhailovsky Ballet Theater in 2011, and it has recently been announced that he will become the Artistic Director of Staatsballetts Berlin, and stay with Mikhailovsky as a choreographer in residence.
In early 2013 Nacho created Rust (see photo above), a dance for five of our male dancers. The creative process stretched our dancers into a rangy new dance vocabulary under the guidance of one of the greatest choreographers working today. The audiences — from early showings to the premiere performances – found the work to be engrossing, profound and to reveal new aspects of the Graham experience. Nacho himself was so appreciative of the process and outcome that he suggested a second collaboration. Your support will help us fulfill the great potential of this next creation!
NEW ANDONIS FONIADAKIS PROJECT
Andonis Foniadakis arrives in our Westbeth studios to begin work on a new dance September 30, 2013. The dance, connecting to our season theme of “Myth and Transformation,” will draw inspiration from the Greek myth of Narcissus and Echo. The creative team will include a cast of six to eight Graham dancers, costume designer Tassos Sofroniou, lighting designer Clifton Taylor, and composer Julien Tarride. Your support is essential to launch this creation! NEW@Graham showings will be offered in mid-October. Your front row seat will give you unique insight into the artist’s intentions.
Andonis Foniadakis grew up in the small city of Ierapetra in the south part of island Crete in Greece. He began his dance training with Niki Papadaki at the local dance school of his city. As a freelance choreographer he has collaborated with: Cedar Lake Contemporary Ballet, Geneva Ballet, Lyon Opera Ballet, Dansgroep Amsterdam, Benjamin Millepied Dance Company USA, Dansgroep Amsterdam, and many more. He created his own dance company Apotosoma in 2003, and his work has been shown in France, Greece, Italy, Finland, Luxembourg, England, and the USA
Our dancers worked with Andonis in some “get to know you” workshops in late June while we were performing in Greece.
20 YEARS OF NEW WORK AT GRAHAM:
2013: Richard Move
2012: Lar Lubovitch
2011: Bulareyaung Pagarlava
2010: Ann Bogart and SITI Company
2009: Bulareyaung Pagarlava
2007: Aszure Barton
2005: Martha Clark
1999: Susan Stroman
1995: Robert Wilson
1993: Pascal Rioult