January 4, 2017 – 8:00pm
Martha Graham Studio Theater
NEXT@Graham, the latest addition to the dynamic Martha Graham Studio Series,
Featured Guest Pascal Rioult/RIOULT Dance NY headlines the inaugural presentation
showcases the work of Graham Family members—including established and emerging
Graham Alumni choreographers.
GRAHAM ALUMNI / STUDENTS
6-10 choreographers will be selected to showcase their work. Former and current Martha Graham Dance Company members, students of the Martha Graham School and members of the extended Graham Family are invited to apply.
Early Submission Deadline: November 5
Final Submission Deadline: November 15
Selections will be announced November 18.
Applications MUST include:
- Completed Application Form
Please print form, write clearly, scan and submit
- Video of Work
DVD or link and password, if applicable
- Non-refundable Application Fee: $25
paid in advance online
Email Application Form, to: email@example.com with subject: NEXT@Graham 2017 Submission
Be sure to include the completed form, along with a link to your work, posted on an online video platform (youtube, vimeo, etc.). If the link is password protected, please submit the password.
Pay Fee + Complete Form + Submit Application
Early Deadline November 5 / Final Deadline: November 15
For additional queries e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: NEXT@Graham info
All entries must be accompanied by a $25 Application Fee and no entries will be accepted after November 15th.
1. Application is competitive. If you are selected to participate, there will be an additional Participation Fee of $125.
2. Though submission of complete works is preferred, we will also consider applications of works in progress at the time of submission. If your work is still in creation, a comprehensive project/work description is required. Only complete works will be performed at the event.
3. Solo works may be no longer than 5 minutes, duets no longer than 8 minutes and group works no longer than 15 minutes.
4. The Participation Fee covers the venue, all technical facilities, publicity, programs and a recording of your work.
5. The Studio Theater will be supplied with basic technical support, including a DVD player, projector and lighting. You will be assigned a limited number of light cues based on the length of your work.
6. If your work requires more complex lighting, please request this clearly on the application form. If your request is approved, an additional fee will apply to offset the cost of increased technical preparation.
7. The selection of works presented and the sequencing of the program will be at the sole discretion of the artistic curator, Tadej Brdnik.
8. Transport, accommodation, and all costs directly related to staging the work (such as costumes, musicians’ fees, music copyright fees, props, etc.) are the responsibility of the participants and/or choreographers.
9. Use of fire and water will not be permitted.
10. If there is NUDITY or STRONG LANGUAGE in the work, please state this clearly in your application.
Submit your application by November 15th , 2016.
No entries will be accepted after this date!